Wrongful Discharge

Fired Illegally? Our Attorneys Can Help.

Being fired or laid off is always a stressful and difficult situation. Losing your job because of unfair or illegal actions is that much worse. If you’ve been wrongfully discharged from your job due to discrimination, in retaliation for asserting your rights or on any other illegal basis, you may have a legal right to compensation.

At Armstrong & Vaught, P.L.C., in Tulsa, our experienced employment lawyers help clients hold employers accountable for wrongfully discharging employees. Contact us to schedule a free initial consultation about your workplace situation.

We handle wrongful discharge cases on a contingency fee basis — you will owe us no attorneys’ fees unless we recover money damages for you.

Fighting Discrimination and Retaliation

If you believe you have lost your job due to your race, gender, religion, age, a disability or any other protected status, you may have an employment discrimination claim against your employer.

Additionally, the law protects your from retaliation for asserting your legal rights in certain ways. If you have been fired for taking any of the following actions, we may be able to bring a claim against your former employer.

Wrongful discharge does not necessarily mean that you were told you were fired. If your working environment was made so oppressive that you had no reasonable choice but to quit, this may be considered a wrongful discharge.

If you are found to have been wrongfully discharged, the law entitles you to lost wages, compensation for your pain and suffering, and in some cases attorneys’ fees.

Examining Your Employment Contract

Oklahoma is an at-will employment state, which means that your employer can legally fire you or lay you off for any reason other than certain specific illegal reasons, such as those described above. However, some Oklahoma employees have employment contracts that further limit their employers’ rights to dismiss them.

Contact Us

If you believe you have been wrongfully discharged for any reason, contact us. Our attorneys will skillfully assess your circumstances and recommend a course of action.Call us at (918) 582-2500 or toll free at (800) 722-8880 or contact us here through our site.

Contact us